Saturday 18 September 2010

Natural Collection Moisture Renew Lipsticks

So today I'm reviewing three of the Natural Collection (*Not Collection 2000 as per my earlier typo!) Moisture Renew Lipsticks: Raspberry, Crimson and Sorbet. I bought all three shades at my local Boots store and I must say I'm a big fan. They were a snip at £1.79 and I've been wearing them to work and out at night - I did buy them during a sale though so I'm unsure of the full price, though I don't think it's too much more.

 (Without flash. L-R: Raspberry, Crimson, Sorbet)

The colours are all very vibrant and go on easily and smoothly with barely any smudging or feathering. The compact packaging means it's easy to slip one into your bag to reapply - which is the only downside to these. I did find I had to reapply every hour or so and drinking out of a glass is a nightmare - straw please!

(With flash)

Raspberry:

 My favourite shade out of these three is probably Raspberry; I've almost finished my second tube of it and I'll be buying my third soon!

Crimson:

I love red lippie and shove it with everything so Crimson's the ideal shade for me.

Sorbet:

Sorbet is a nice shade but I hardly ever wear nudes so I only bought it to experiment. It's not too nude though so it's a nice one to get me started :).

The swatches on the end of the tubes are pretty accurate as well - I was really impressed and they're a really good guide to go off of. These colours do them more justice than the photos of the sticks themselves I think. Another thing to add is that these really do moisturise your lips - I've spent all day reapplying a certain shade and my lips are really soft and not at all dry at the end of the day. Fab.

Rating:
Pricing: 4/5
Packaging: 3/5
Application: 3/5
Colour: 5/5
Wearability: 4/5
Total: 19/25 (B+)

5 comments:

  1. Wow the raspberry and the Sorbet I LOVE!!
    I will chck these out, so pretty and what an amazing bargain:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, aren't these Natural Collection rather than Collection 2000?
    Just followed :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are Natural Collection by boots? Lovely post, i followed :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the raspberry color! great post

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so pretty on your lips!
    I have one of these and I dislike it but these colours look so much more vibrant and moisturising!


    http://lovelaughlauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete